This post is part of Global Voices special coverage Syria Protests 2011/13
Consequences of war on Syrian children
4355 Syrian children been killed (up to 15/1/2013) according to latest report released by Martyrs of the Syrian Revolution Database. Besides thousands wounded, detained, or left without family, nor for medical aid and humanitarian assistance to reach them.
According to UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), 650,764 is the number of Syrian refugees registered or awaiting registration where 52% of the Syrian refugees are under 18. However, countless Syrian children have been confronted with the anguish of losing their home, their belongings, and parents. Statedthe Childrens rights portal:
In such conditions, practically all the necessary constants for child development are seriously disrupted, and the psychological damages of armed conflicts are incalculable…. These children, unable to grow up in an atmosphere of trust and having had to face atrocities from a very young age, often develop the conviction that violence is a way like any other to solve disputes, and so it is difficult for them to send a message of peace and international security to future generations.
How to Help Syrian Children?
With your responsible actions, you can show your compassion and you can raise your voice so that the United Nations do not hold still, while the rights of children are abused in Syria. Show your solidarity with the children of Syria by:
- Show your care by sharing this article where are many ways that can help to save Syrian children from their horrific destiny.
- Sharing the cause through Rise 4 humanity who is:
A movement dedicated to raising public awareness of crimes against humanity all over the world and
helping to stop them, starting with the atrocities occurring against the Children of Syria.
The next video [Warning: Graphic, Children Death] representing the Syrian children case by Rise 4 Humanity.
- In UK, London, notice that at your urban Metro there are UNICEF ads to support children of Syria, Donate 5 pounds or else.
- Donate, ANY AMOUNT, on the main page of UNICEF.
- Donate to Safeworld to give the support to the school in the Zaatari refugee camp known as the “children’s camp” because nearly half its 33,000 residents are under the age of 18.
- Donate to Save the Children to provide warm clothes, shoes, and blankets for children providing winter aid packages specially-made for infants.
Save the Children launched a campaign to Stop the Crimes Against Syria’s Children. The response was phenomenal – resulting in worldwide attention to the atrocities that children are living through in Syria. This was our fastest growing campaign, with thousands of people signing up every day.
- Share Stories and photos of The Children of Syria on Facebook. By sharing this page, you help to expand its reach and support to stop the killing of childhood in Syria.
- On Facebook: Save Syrian children
- On Facebook: SRC Syrian refugees in Lebanon [ar] (تنسيقية اللاجئين السوريين في لبنان)
- Spread the word, participate in Global walk 4 children of Syria
- Sponsor an orphan today with 50$ on Syrian orphans
- Change.org: Stop the Crimes Against Syria’s Children