According to Semiocast, company based in Paris, France, providing data intelligence and research on social media, Twitter reaches half a billion accounts, in June 2012, More than 41 millions in Brazil.
- Brazil is taking second place in international ranking, followed by Japan and UK.
- Sao Paulo reached the 4th place among the cities, as of its number of tweets after Jakarta, Tokyo and London while Rio de Janeiro ranks 16th.
- USA is representing 27.4% of all Twitter users, down from 28.1% in January.
- Registration rate in Brazil, is high, from 33.3M in January to 41.2M in July 2012.
- Brazilians now represent 8.0% of all Twitter accounts.
- Arabic usage continues to grow on Twitter
- Arabic is now the 6th language with 2.8% of all public tweets posted in June 2012.
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia capital, is now the 10th most active city.
- Twitter registered users in Saudi Arabia grew by +93% in six months, reaching 2.9M.