This article Why culture is more important than strategy by Rene Carayol is a highlight of leading by culture, worth to read and share:
- The culture is in fact more important than strategy. Culture is all about the psychology, actions and beliefs of a group of people.
- Culture is that it’s the only sustainable point of difference for any organisation.
- Culture has 2 main definitions: a) “culture is what happens when the CEO leaves the room”. b) “the way we get things done around here.” It is all about the attitude of those working for your company.
- Anyone can copy your strategy, but nobody can copy your culture. So why would you leave it untended?
- We hire for attitude, we train for skills.
- It is a leader’s responsibility to identify a cultural vision for the company.
- Culture comes directly from the behaviour of the leaders, and it is their duty to involve and inspire the whole of the organisation.
- The role of the chair is an important part of this leadership.
- The culture of a company relies on there being a clear set of values, strong leadership and a sense of transparency and honesty between the company and the public.